Vision and Mission Statement of Exchange House Ireland
To live in an Ireland where Travellers are fully valued as a distinct ethnic minority receiving equitable treatment and access to all supports and services without barriers
Exchange House Ireland is an organisation of Travellers and non-Travellers working together to provide frontline services of excellence to the community. We also strive to work with partner agencies to imporve service standards and accessibility for the Traveller community to all services.
In all our work, we are guide by the principles of:
- to provide a range of family support services for Travellers; to support Travellers in their struggle against oppression and discrimination in promoting equal opportunities for Travellers in the areas of health, education, training, accommodation, employment and enterprise and access to leisure opportunities of their choice; with the object.
- with subsidiary objectives:
- to act as agents, representatives, advisors, consultants for community organisations, whether voluntary or not, for companies, partnerships, firms and all those involved in the development of the above main objects
- to engage in providing facilities such as health and educational programmes, housing projects
- the promotion and development of equal opportunities for Travellers.